Monday, July 19, 2010

Guess What?

I found out last week Monday that I’m pregnant and my Ob said I have fibroid – which I rejected with immediate alacrity. My life has literally changed since that revelation. I went to my Ob. to complain that I was having really painful cramps as my period was due anytime soon. The overzealous nurses I met at the reception sent me to the laboratory for a blood test that I might just be pregnant, I was slightly irritated, what has painful cramps got to do with pregnancy.
I did the test and waited for my Ob to see me. Immediately, he came in, I was told I was going to have a scan – I was perturbed at this point. For goodness sakes, I’m not pregnant! I just need painkillers.
I was told to drink loads of water and was ushered into the room. I took off my shoes and laid on the bed. A nurse folded my top while my Ob squeezed some jelly like liquid on my tummy. He began to roll the “mouse/joystick” over my tummy while glancing at the computer and my tummy. Eventually he pointed at a visible structure and he said, that is a fibroid and pointed at something very tiny and said -
Ob: that’s it.
Me: (In shock) what?
Ob: your baby.
Me: How can you tell the difference?
Ob: The shape is different.
I dressed up and went to his office. He asked me how I knew I was pregnant because it was too early to tell. I told him I didn’t know, I came for something else entirely – painly cramps. He smiled and told me to pick up my drugs – folic acid from the pharmacists on my way out. He also said I’m not allowed to take any drugs and I should be back in two weeks for a follow up.
Well, since I found out I’m pregnant; I’ve been juggling between one illness or the other. I’m either weak, or feeling feverish or having cramps or no appetite. I’ve been down. I missed work like twice last week.
Right now, I just want to be well because I don’t feel well at all. I know a lot of women experience different things in the first trimester and right now, I’m no exception.


Confession: Whose report will I believe, I shall believe the report of the Lord

5 comments:

  1. Awwww...first, congratulations u're gonna have a baby. Yeah, I heard people experience diff things in their first trimester as well...hope u feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS...
    GOD IS GOOD...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever the experience, God makes all things beautiful. I know this. I look forward to reading all of your experiences and the great one you'll bring to life. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaay! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete