Wednesday, October 20, 2010

14 things I find overwhelming in Pregnancy

Pregnancy Blues

Pregnancy has been said to be a time of happiness and also overwhelming experiences which bring about sadness, worry and for some ladies depression.
In my case, I’ve come to love my pregnancy and each day brings a new excitement especially when I look at my growing bump. However, I’ve listed a few things that drive me nuts, well not exactly nuts but what is certainly not me...

Muscle pull: I had this one last night and I was freaking scared. I woke up to ease myself only for me to find out that I had pulled a muscle. It was very painful. So, I screamed (which I do very often especially when I’m surprised) and tied to wake hubby up but I guess he was deeply asleep because not even my pushing or screaming woke him up. Anyway, I managed to get to the bathroom limping and hoping I won’t experience this again.

Pimples: I’ve got some tiny pimples on my hairline and forehead and they’ve refused to stop coming . As one set goes, another resurfaces.

Crying: OMG! This has been the craziest and weirdest of all. Usually nothing makes me cry, not even the death of any individual (that’s not to say I’m not sober but I hardly ever cry or probably because I’ve never lost a lost one by His Grace). Now, I cry because hubby comes returns late from work, I cry because someone put to bed, I cry because I’m hungry, I cry when I’m singing, I cry when hubby tells me I talk too much, I cry when you ask me why I’m crying. It’s just crazy! I simply hate the fact that I cry over nothing and everything. How weird?

Peeing: Arrrgggghhhh! This gets me worked up. I pee like 50 times a day and I’m not exaggerating. Just after returning from the loo and trying to sit at my desk, there’s this urgent urge to pee again. In trying to find a solution to my frequent trips to the toilet; I came up with the idea of sitting a little bit longer on the toilet seat. So, after a round of peeing, I sit and count up to 20 hoping that I’d pee some more and not have to rush back to the toilet. It gets very annoying when you’re in a meeting and need to go back forth to the toilet. Also, you can’t even hold your pee for long else you’ll damage your bladder. And I heard it only get worse in your third trimester. I just hate the fact that I can’t control my trips to the loo.

Metallisc taste: I hate the fact that everything tastes horrible in my mouth. I never seem to enjoy my meals no matter how well prepared or yummy it looks, they all taste metallic in my mouth. This is why a lot of women put on weight in pregnancy because they keep eating and eating hoping that they will end up enjoying the food.

Forgetfulness: This is called pregnant brain or something like that. Well, because your body is going through a lot as a result of the growing baby, one tends to forget things. This makes me frustrated at work coz I can hardly concentrate in meetings and in discussion with my supervisor. When conversing with me, I’m nodding my head in agreement and the same time trying to figure out what you just said. Now post-it notes are my best friends coz I’m practically making notes of every single thing that is said to me.

Breasts: My breast have doubled in size and hurt like fire. I’ve always had a HAUTE cleavage with some fresh skin for which I get compliments for. But now, they’ve got some dark lines – I think its called pregnancy mask (which fades away after pregnancy). I bet if you see before and now pictures of my breast you’d hardly believe it’s the same boobs you’re looking at.

Gas and Burp: Gross! You don’t want to try the way I burp and gas now. I’ve got so much gas in my system because of the pregnancy. The good thing is I don’t fart in public but sometimes the burping is uncontrollable. Hubby is tired of my farting which does not smell by the way and my constant burping.

Laziness: I’m so so lazy that I can’t pick up my phone to make a call. I hardly reply text messages coz that seems like hard work. I’ve got a driver, a cook and my mum cooks for me as well and a cleaner who comes in once a month. This is not to say that I don’t do stuffs at all, sometimes, I’ve got renewed energy and I do the cleaning but I’m always scared of overdoing it coz I want to do everything I’ve not done before in just a few hours.

Christian louboutin: I can’t remember the last time I put on a louboutin or any other heels as a matter of fact. Flats have become a staple in my wardrobe, that’s the only thing you’d see me wear now. They are quite comfy but I can’t get to pull off that chic look anymore at least not for the next couple of month.

Insomania: SMH! This makes me very grouchy in the mornings because I wake up like 1:00 a.m. till about 4:00 a.m. tossing and turning and hoping I can fall asleep. The constant trip to the loo makes this also very difficult. And before I know what happening my alarm is buzzing and I have to get ready for work.

Social life: All I can say is bye bye social life. I hardly have a social life now. Hubby gets invited to a lot A listed private parties but I can’t attend coz either I’m too tired or I’ve got to avoid all the smoking that goes on in there.

Smell: My sense of smell is so sharp, that recently hubby and I went to visit a new friend and the first thing I said was “I think your gas is leaking” but I guess that was for a good course. If an individual opens their mouth close to me mehn! I would have smelled Fish, Egg, and any other thing you can think of in just a few seconds.

Sex: I’ve never being a sex person and when hubby and I first got married he was almost scared for me us and was suggesting I see a doctor. Fortunately for me, the pregnancy brought about this crazy sex urges that hubby began to marvel...Well, all that is gradually coming to an end coz I’m either too tired or can barely find a comfortable situation because of mu bump. But I must say this has helped save an aspect of my marriage.
Ok, this is my list of things I find overwhelming in pregnancy and I hope to post about the tons of things I love about being pregnant. Watch Out!

7 comments:

  1. Eyahhh. The crying part made me laugh sha...and the increase in sex drive. Funny enough, earlier on today I was wondering about what kind of bathroom habits I'd have if I found out I was pregnant, and because I have a big imagination, I was asking myself, "what if a pregnant woman has to pee or do number 2 and then the baby comes out (as per during labor)?" Isn't that scary? Eeeuuwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so GROSS!!! But it actually happens and at the point when you're in labour, nothing really matters. All you want is for the baby to come out healthy. I find the crying bit funny as well, sometimes I'm laughing amidst tears. It is a great experience and I pray every woman gets the opportunity to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol....esp at the farting....no problemo! You are doing fine...i wrote about pregnancy in my blog few months back when a friend asked me about the whole thing...i titled it LITTLE FEET, [CHECK MY ARCHIVE OCTOBER I3TH]..take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came across your blog today and i find it really lovely. I find the crying part very funny. lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ibukunnn...loll.. thoroughly enjoyed this post...lolll... guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolll.. ibukun... your boss needs to read this.. hahahaa...loved it... guess who?

    ReplyDelete