Friday, June 11, 2010

Losing Weight

My alarm buzzed at 5:40 a.m. and I jumped out of bed and headed for the bathroom to have a shower. The weather was quite warm today so I didn’t have any qualms using cold water, I, also, didn’t have to worry about what to wear because it’s either jeans or Ankara (TGIF).


I put on my outfit and it clung to my body like my second skin and that's not what you want to wear to work, with all those "hawks" waiting to devour you. The last thing I wanted is to draw more attention to myself.
I was pissed because I couldn’t fit into my clothes comfortably anymore and I had to figure out what to wear asap. I tried on like three shirts and they were just too tight and it finally dawned on me that it was high time I did something about my weight.
So I’ve finally decided to take my health and weight seriously. I used to run and jog a lot but that seems almost impossible in Lagos. I’m so scared of the okada and danfo drivers especially when I almost got hit like twice. Sorry, I don’t stay in one of those areas where you have proper walk ways to walk, jog or run.

I’ve registered at a gym-thank God for my organisation and I hope to get rid of every pound I have gained over the years and comfortable wear a size 8.
My new meal plan is as follows:
Breakfast: Cereal or Toast


Lunch: Salad/ Moin Moin with Fish


Dinner: Moin moin/ Chicken Salad / Beans

Snack:  Carrots/ OrangesNew Resolutions -


No fizzy drinks


No pastries (even though I indulged a bit yesterday and worked out as well)


No red meat


Take the stairs instead of the lift


Get Active


Smile when people tell me I’m fat (I’m a size 10-below /12 -above and I hate it when you tell me I'm fat.  For goodness sake, it's inappropriate to tell a lady she's fat.  It just never goes down well with me)

Let’s see how much pounds or kg, I’d loose in the next one month and over the years.

All the best to me!

Dear Lord, With YOU all things are possible.


4 comments:

  1. In all these, what does hubby want? His opinion matters, no!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion. Hubby is aware and we are pratically in it together.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cereals and toast ok, but for me I did fruits morning and fruits nite ate solid food in whatever portions I wanted btw 12pm-6pm and tell u what I came down from a size 14 to a 10. I am loving myself now with all d 'u have lost weight comments'.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cereals and toast ok, but for me I did fruits morning and fruits nite ate solid food in whatever portions I wanted btw 12pm-6pm and tell u what I came down from a size 14 to a 10. I am loving myself now with all d 'u have lost weight comments'.....
    www.weddingsetal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete