Friday, May 21, 2010

2010

2010 is so my year. I started this year with my dream job in an oil company and I now earn a fat salary- not sure if it will still be fat in three years though and of course my profile has greatly gone up.

In April, I got married to the love of my life, my honey and strawberry gateau. I also got to visit famous dubai and sharjah for my honeymoon. Needless to say, I saw dubai and didn't die but shopped like it was my last holiday.

I clocked a quarter of a century in May. I've never had a birthday get together as long as I can remember. So, I'd be giving my girlfriends a wicked treat this weekend at Jade Garden Chinese Resturant.

My big sis bought her first car in May as well (not forgetting the one dad gave her as a gift two yrs ago). She's been cruising town in it. I'm jealous.

My baby sister who I'm nine years older will be leaving secondary school and entering university in September, sob! sob!!. Thank God for private universities in our lives,hopefully she'd be a first class graduate like me in 2014.

My older brother will be getting married to his longtime sweetheart later in August.

I hope to buy my first car in September- after selling the one dad gave me two years ago and spending the money on what I can't remember now.

I will be starting my PhD later in the year.  Apart from the fact that I like to read and I'm passionate about research, I'm getting a Phd so I can be addressed as Dr. (Mrs) N. I. Shogologobangoshe (I hope that's not a curse).

And, I will be ending my year with a white christmas in God's own country AMERICA with babies T and K in my inibiti tummy. lol

All these are first in my life, that's why 2010 will forever be a special and memorable year for me.

Dear God, thank you for what you have done, thank you for what you are doing and thank you for what you will. My hope is built on YOU alone.

3 comments:

  1. YOUR BLOG IS NEW BUT NICE, AM ALSO A YOUNGNEWLYMARRIEDGIRL AND I JUST FEEL A CONNECTION BETWEEN US, DONT GIVE UP UR BLOGGING, U WILL GET LOADS OF FOLLOWERS SOON, AS FOR THE PILLS, WHY DONT YOU TRY EVRA PATCH, DOESNT ADD WEIGHT AND NO SIDE EFFECTS, THE BEST UNLESS U WANNA GET PREGGERS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luv ur blog too! keep up the good work. Will cum bac when I finish exams

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Jumie, loads of thanks for the words of encouragement. I wont give up blogging because of people like you and I hope you'd share your experience with me.

    @ Anonymous, many thanks and all the best in your exams. Success is yours.

    ReplyDelete