Monday, June 14, 2010

Frustrated

It takes a whole lot, I mean the grace of God to be married and stay married. All the stuffs we're told about marriage in counselling is so true; the importance of communication, compromise, submission and the likes. But sometimes I can't help being so angry with something’s that happen in marriage. I'm usually not an angry person, I try not to take things to heart because I found out very early in life that prolonged anger is not worth it especially towards things that I cannot change rather I channel by energy towards positive things and draw key learnings from the experience.


Hubby and I certainly have different backgrounds, values and belief systems and like every other couple; we've had disagreements as a result of our differences. E.g. I'm a short words person while hubby is a long words person. I get irritated when hubby tells me something and he goes on and on about it. Hubby is vocal and confrontational but I'm a bit on the quiet side but pretty stubborn. Rather than say things that hurt me, I keep quite just to avoid long, angry discussions but hubby is the opposite. Although, these days he tries to save his reaction until later because the initial reaction causes more damage.


Hubby says I withdraw into my shell after an argument or being told off. He has always encouraged me to speak up and express myself. On one occasion I expressed myself, and hubby said I disrespected/ disregarded him. I'm still not sure what he meant by that?

Moments like these when I feel frustrated, I just want my peace and that means being alone for a while but I can't seem to have any of that anymore. Lost it all when I signed those papers for better or for worse.

"Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Mark 10:9 (NIV)

2 comments:

  1. I've found out that there needs to be a compromise in personalities. If husband is confrontational, then u might have to be more open-minded in discussing things that are bugging you, instead of hiding them. Because when he eventually finds out, it might sadden him more. In the same way, hubby also has to work towards meeting you half-way.

    Yeah, it takes wisdom from God to be able to employ tactics in marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaycee. I'm taking a special liking to you.x

    ReplyDelete